ABOUT OUR WOOD PHOTOS:
Have your own custom photo printed directly onto our rectangular/square basswood or oval basswood. The photograph becomes an integral part of the wood, ensuring that it will stand the test of time. The natural wood shows through the photo for a beautiful, rustic, and "worn" look. It is said that wood elements within your home can bring balance to your space and life.
• Our rectangular wood pieces are typically free of knots and marks. However, because this is wood from a real tree, pieces may have slight markings which we try to place in the best spots possible for the photo provided.
• Each piece of wood will vary in wood grain, making each one completely unique.
• Rectangle pieces measure 8" to 10" in width x 8" in length.
• Rectangle pieces typically require less cropping than our oval wood pieces. However, with certain photos that are very wide or very tall, some cropping will be necessary.
• Horizontal photos will be placed horizontally on the wood & vertical photos will be placed vertically unless otherwise requested.
• White ink is not printed on the wood. This allows the natural grain of the wood to show through the photo. Colors of the photo on the wood may vary, as these are printed onto natural wood and not bright white paper.
• A clear matte protective coating is applied over your wood photo to help protect against stains, water and scratching.
• All wood photos come with complimentary hardware for hanging.
• The bark of the wood is not removed from the wood in order to preserve the natural look of our wood photos.
• All orders are securely packaged with extra bubble wrap for added protection during shipping.
• Made and Handcrafted in Virginia, U.S.A
CHOOSING YOUR PHOTO:
• The better quality the photo, the better the results will be on the wood.
• A 300 dpi photo taken in good lighting will give you the best possible print results.
• Lower quality photos can be used, but please know that the quality will be the same on the wood.
• Extremely dark, blurry, grainy or low-quality photos do not typically transfer well.
• We ask that you DO NOT add any text to your photo, due to cropping reasons.
• We recommend printing your original photo from your home printer at the full page size to get an idea of how the colors (these may vary) & quality will look on the wood.